Sunday, December 30, 2007

No pain, no rain, no gain... 12 miles – 12/29

So far we've been pretty lucky, having nice weather for all of our group runs.  Saturday morning our luck ran out as the forecast called for rain, and rain it did.  The schedule had us running 12 miles.  After running 10.5 the previous week I felt confident that I could run the extra 1.5 miles this week.  Considering the weather, the run began well.  A little over halfway through the run I started feeling some mild discomfort in my right achilles area.  It wasn't debilitating, but it was sore.  I managed to finish the run in under 2 hours which I thought was pretty good.  I made sure to stretch the sore achilles area well and headed home.  At home I iced the area and rubbed some Arnica on it also.  This morning when I woke up my achilles was a little swollen.  After doing some research on the internet I worry that I may have the beginning of achilles tendonitis.  This would be bad because I'd have to rest it for a while.  I'm pretty frustrated as I feel like I was just getting into a groove and running well.  To have to rest now would be unfortunate, but I'd understand.  I emailed our trainer and will wait for his response.  Hopefully it isn't as bad as I fear.  I'll keep you updated with any news.  For now I'm going to continue to ice it and rest :C(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take care of that achilles!!!!